CDA Technical Institute (CDA), formerly Commercial Diving Academy, accepts Title IV federal student aid, including the Federal Pell Grant, Subsidized Direct Stafford loan, Unsubsidized Direct Stafford loan, and Parent PLUS loans. CDA also accepts Florida Prepaid, the GI Bill®, State and VA Vocational Rehabilitation funding, and works with Wells Fargo, and Sallie Mae to provide private student loans, known as Smart Option loans, which are credit-based and may require a co-signer. A comparison of the PLUS loans and Smart Option loans is available here.
Financial Aid Instructions
Please complete Step 1 if you are interested in obtaining federal student aid. CDA will then contact you regarding your eligibility, and at that time, please complete Steps 2 and 3 if you do want to borrow federal student loans. For more information, please contact CDA with any questions. We are happy to assist you with the financing process.
Please fill out the 2018-2019 FAFSA with your 2016 tax return, once filed (and/or your parents' information).
Federal student loans are available, with an interest rate of 5.05% for the Subsidized Direct loan and the Unsubsidized Direct loan, and 7.60% for the Direct Parent Plus loan.
Additional Funding Options
If you need additional funding, you can apply through one of the loan links below. For more information, please contact CDA with any questions. We are happy to assist you with the financing process.
General Scholarship Searches
Wells Fargo Student Loan for Career and Community Colleges (Wells Fargo offers fixed and variable rate loans)
*Please follow these instructions to apply:
1. Choose CDA Technical Institute as the school
2. Choose Career/Technical/Continuing Education as the Program
3. Check the box "I am pursuing a degree, license, or multi-course certificate"
4. Choose Career Training as the Grade Level
5. Choose Other as the Field of Study, and then type diving
6. Choose Full-time as the Enrollment Status
7. Type in the amount you're requesting *If you are applying for an amount over $15,000, submit your application for $15,000 and then call their Customer Service Department to request the actual amount you need.*
8. Choose Citizenship status
Customer Service 1-877-566-6733
Sallie Mae Student Loans
Customer Service: 1-800-472-5543
Additional Financial Aid Information:
|studentloans.gov||Entrance & Exit Counseling|
|nslds.ed.gov||National Student Loan Data System|
|studentaid.ed.gov||Financial Aid Information|
|Direct Loan Basics for Students|
|Direct Loan Basics for Parents|
Access your account and find out more information about Federal loans through the Department of Education Direct Loan Website.
To access CDA's Net Price Calculator, please click here.
To access the most recent available statistics regarding employment and graduation through the Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) click here.
Click here for the most recent Campus Security Report.
Students who have Direct Loans will have one of the following companies servicing their loans.
Direct Loan Servicers:
Great Lakes Educational Loan Services, Inc.
FedLoan Servicing (PHEAA)
Crossover Period Policy (effective July 1, 2019):
For all classes that have a crossover payment period, CDA will pay the Pell Grant out of the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 award year. Students must have a valid FAFSA on file for the year which will be used to determine Federal Eligibility (grants and loans).
Code of Conduct:
- CDA employees should receive no personal benefit. No officer, trustee or employee of CDA shall accept anything of more than nominal value on his or her behalf or on behalf of another person or entity from any Lending Institution.
- CDA employees should not serve on lender advisory boards for remuneration.
- CDA should not provide any advantage to a Lending Institution.
- CDA should make appropriate use of any Preferred Lender Lists.
Loan Application and Solicitation Disclosures:
CDA Technical Institutes' Partner offers Schoolers ship:
NCCER and BYF are proud to offer this scholarship with HRCC to promote training opportunities that lead to successful construction careers. For more information, please visit http://www.byf.org/get-involved/scholarships/ or Please feel free to call the school (888 974-2232) and ask Financial Aid for details