Air/Mixed Gas Commercial Diver
Exceptional Facilities, Exceptional Results
CDA Technical Institute (CDA), formerly Commercial Diving Academy, offers the most comprehensive and rigorous commercial diving program that covers all the needed skill sets to succeed as a commercial diver.
Our campus is located on four acres with over 500 feet of waterfront, a dive store, dormitory, cafeteria, library, and multiple classrooms.
CDA trains new divers in a 20' orientation tank and clearwater pool, where the instructors can watch the student through a viewing port.
After four weeks of orientation in the training tanks, students move to open water training on the Trout River, a low-visibility, swift-moving tidal waterway to continue their training.
|II.||Diving Physiology, Decompression, & Emergency Management Procedures|
|III.||Diving Equipment, Systems, & Procedures|
|IV.||Practical Use of Diving Equipment|
|V.||Diving Hazards & Legislation|
|VI.||Diver Communication Systems|
|VIII.||Underwater Inspections Training & Searches|
|IX.||Hand & Power Tools|
|X.||Water Jetting, Airlifts, Venturi Dredges, & Lift Bags|
|XI.||Cutting & Welding Equipment|
|XIII.||Underwater Construction Techniques|
|XV.||Hyperbaric Chamber Operations|
Length of Diver Training Course:
The program of study at CDA Technical Institute (CDA), formerly Commercial Diving Academy, requires a minimum of 20 weeks. The maximum number of weeks a student may participate in training is 30 weeks.
Practical Experience Hours:
Number of Weeks:
Hours per Day:
Click here to view Gainful Employment Disclosures for the 2012-2013 Award Year for the Air/Mixed Gas Commercial Diver Program.
CDA's Unique Offering:
Upon sucessful completion of the training,students receive the following certifications from ALL of the following:
- Diver/Tender Certification from Association of Diving Contractors International (ADCI) -- A certification, widely recognized both throughout the United States and Internationally as the certification for employment as a commercial diver
- Diving Certification from Association of Commercial Diving Educators (ACDE) -- An additional diving certification, recognized as diver training by IMCA.
- Certificate of successful completion of Topside Welding for Commercial Divers from CDA, in accordance with American Welding Society (AWS) standards -- This training provides the foundation necessary to seek a career as a commercial diver
- Certificate of successful completion of Underwater Welding from CDA -- An additional qualification provides the skills necessary to weld underwater*
- Certification from PEC Safety in Basic Safety / SafeLand & SafeGulf**
- First Aid, CPR, AED & O2 Provider Training (includes Oxygen First Aid, AED use, First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life, CPR First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens) -- Required for all employees in the industry
- HazMat/Hazwoper from Occupational Health and Safety Administration OSHA -- Required for all employees in the industry
- Certificate of successful completion of Offshore Survival from CDA**
- Certificate of successful completion of NDT from CDA, meeting the standards set forth by American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) for Levels I & II Visual Inspection, Magnetic Particle and Ultrasonic Thickness for underwater use**
- Credentials from National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) for Basic Rigging and for Core Curriculum, including Hand and Power Tools and Safety**
*The Air Mixed Gas Commercial Diver Program does not qualify a student to become an underwater welding specialist. Additional training is required for certification. Contact our Admission Team for details - 888 974-2232.
** These skills are a part of the CDA Advantage and go beyond the standard diver training.